We've decided to try the cloth diaper route after reading more about the significant impact of disposables on the environment. Did you know that a single disposable takes 5000 years to decompose? And that a "eco" disposable takes only 500? Either way, poop is gross, but maybe this will make diaper changing a little more fun. For those who are nervous about cloth diapering (you know who you are, Grandma M!) this head-to-head (or bottom-to-bottom?) review was pretty informative.
4 comments:
from grandma yet to decide on a name-
I think cloth diapers are just fine, after all Daddy Z wore them for many, many years - exactly how many will remain a deep dark secret.
I am busy knitting a pair of wool "soakers," although I am not sure how effective and/or sanitary they will be. Mama R wanted a pair - so of course I will provide.
I have to tell you I find this hillarious since my officemate is OBSESSED with cloth diapering and is forever knitting the wool soakers. We have debates about which yarn she would buy. She's happy to answer any questions you may have!
Here is her blog - momsmoo.blogspot.com
If you plan on BFing, the meconium poop is gross, but the BFing poop is the easiest part of CDing. I am going to get your email addy from Ev though and give you my quick and dirty "insights". Have you checked out diaperswappers? It is a godsend when you have questions.
My bro and his wife wanted to go the CD route but they're septic system couldn't handle it...
Post a Comment